Category Archives: Shop
Put some spring in your step and plan your trip to the Walt Disney World Resort during April, because Disney has a lot of events taking place!
April 5: Disney Design Group Artist Tyler Dumas will be appearing at D Street in Downtown Disney Westside from 5 p.m.-7 p.m. to sign the latest pin, Vinylmation and D Tech release in the 2013 series.
April 4: ACME Archives Artist Annick Biaudet will be appearing at Uptown Jewelers in Magic Kingdom Park from 11 a.m.–1 p.m. to sign her newest releases inspired by “Beauty and the Beast.”
Disney souvenirs can be an expensive part of your vacation, but you can get authentic Disney souvenirs at Marketplace Fun Finds for reasonable prices. There’s a great store at Downtown Disney called Marketplace Fun Finds where you can get your Disney souvenirs marked down to just a few dollars! Downtown Disney has no cost for admission and even offers free parking! Although the largest Disney store, World of Disney, is found here, there are plenty of other great places to get souvenirs! Marketplace Fun Finds can be found in the Marketplace section of Downtown Disney, next to Little MissMatched. This store has brand new, Disney merchandise for affordable prices!
More after the jump…
Despite what you may think, there are things to do at Disney that don’t require park tickets. Believe it or not, you can have a fun day at Walt Disney World packed full of Disney magic without ever passing through a turnstile. How?
Check out my Top 5 Things To Do at Disney World Without Tickets to find out!
1. Downtown Disney-Downtown Disney offers LOTS of shopping and dining! I can easily spend hours here wanding through the World of Disney, Trend-D, and the Art of Disney Kids will also enjoy Once Upon a Toy store, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, and the giant Lego store with lego statues representing Disney characters and even a family visiting Disney World! There’s also entertainment here at night which you can particpate in! Check out Guide to Downtown Disney – “Must-Sees’ for First Timers for more info!
2. Resort Hop-For a full, yet relaxing day, hop aboard the Monorail and visit some of Disney’s deluxe resorts to check out their magnificent lobbies, restaurants, shops, views, decor, and Hidden Mickeys! They are also a great place for photo ops! You can board a ferry and visit both Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge, or walk from Epcot to the Yacht and Beach Club and the Boardwalk for some beautiful views, seaside decor, and dining. Check out Chip’s series of Resort Hopping 101 here.
PetSmart today introduced new Disney pet apparel and toys. Characters such as Donald Duck, Tinker Bell, Kermit the Frog, Tigger and, of course, Mickey Mouse will add fun and magic to more than 30 new products available at all PetSmart stores in North America and at www.PetSmart.com.
“Disney characters have a special place in many pet parents’ hearts, and this new PetSmart collection allows them to share the magic of Disney with their pets in a fun and fashionable way,” said Laurie Taylor, PetSmart’s vice president of dog and cat hardgoods.
From bandanas and tees to ropes and squeaky toys, the new assortment of Disney products includes:
- Tinker Bell Flirt Dress: Hot pink trim, black lace and Tinker Bell provide a little fairy magic to a dog’s day.
- Tigger Plush Rope Stick: This durable rope toy will keep up with dogs that have Tigger’s boundless enthusiasm. The large plush head squeaks, and the tongue and ears are great for tugging play.
- Mickey Mouse Point Tee: The “I’m with Goofy” imprint helps dogs point out their goofy pet parents with the help of Mickey Mouse on this fun blue shirt.
- Minnie Mouse Bottle Cruncher: With lots of texture and fun crunching sounds that come from the plastic water bottle hidden inside, this pink and pretty toy will keep dogs busy and happy.
- Kermit the Frog Tee: Of course it’s green! With Kermit’s friendly face, it’s perfect for lounging around the house or for a walk in the park.
To celebrate the introduction of these products, pet parents can enter to win a grand prize of $10,000 in the PetSmart “Pin It to Win It” sweepstakes featuring the Disney products, March 4 through April 1 on PetSmart’s Facebook page. The Facebook photo gallery will showcase nine new Disney products each week and allows fans to pin their favorites directly to their Pinterest accounts. For every three products pinned, contestants have a chance to win one of 15 weekly prizes and are entered into the $10,000 grand prize drawing. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
To view the Disney collection at PetSmart, visit: www.PetSmart.com
- Disney-Inspired Handbags and Accessories by Vera Bradley (chipandco.com)
- Disney VoluntEARS Make a Huge Difference (chipandco.com)
There are a ton of amazing Walt Disney World Resorts to choose from, so many that Disney had to divide them into categories, with Value Resorts being the cheapest with the smallest rooms and fewest ameneties, and the Moderate Resorts have larger rooms and more on site ameneties, and then there’s the Deluxe Resorts, which are the largest, fanciest Resorts with – you guessed it – the largest price tag too. So why would you pick a Deluxe Resort over WDW’s cheaper Resorts?
Well, here are some reasons:
More Space: The rooms at WDW Deluxe Resorts are biggest and most luxurious on WDW property – some of them are so beautiful that you may never want to leave (which would be ok, because room service and concierge service is also available at several of these resorts). All standard Deluxe rooms come with two queen or 1 king size bed, and ample sink and bathroom space for you and your family to spread out. Plus, there are plenty of different room choices as many Resorts offer Garden or Water views with balconies, and some also have suites available. If you’re traveling with your family, the larger rooms and suite options that the Deluxe Resorts offer would be perfect for you.