Category Archives: Walt Disney World
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village Offers Families the Perfect Summer Escape for 30% Off
School’s out for the year and it’s finally time for a family getaway and some fun in the sun. For many families this means a trip to Walt Disney World®. Those looking for a nearby Disney World Family hotel will delight in the Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista’s newest hotel package.
The Summer Escape! Orlando hotel discount package includes:
- Deluxe accommodations
- Complimentary wireless high-speed internet
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary breakfast
- Rates from $76
- Valid Through September 30, 2010
With award winning accommodations and a convenient location just one mile from Walt Disney World®, it’s the perfect place to take advantage of summer break.
Guests can start the morning with a complimentary continental breakfast before heading to the lobby where tickets for Disney World are conveniently available for purchase. Then, the hotel shuttle whisks guests away to the park so getting there is one less thing to worry about.
When not enjoying their Orlando family hotel suite, Disney makes this summer escape even more special with their Sumer Nightastic event that includes the Main Street Electrical Parade, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, and Nightastic Fireworks Spectacular.
I have stayed at the Marriot Village several times and I will say if we are not staying on property we are staying here. That is the only reason why I posted this News Article cause I can say this is a really nice spot!
Does anyone remember the Walt Disney World Information Channel. We all watch it while we are at Disney but forget about it when we are away. I was able to find some classic video as seen in Walt Disney World resort hotel rooms in the year of 1992.
Disney World’s Summer Nightastic! will include Rock ‘n Glow dance parties five nights a week at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Disney cover band Mulch, Sweat and Shears will alternate with a DJ for the three-hour parties on Tuesdays and Thursdays through Sundays.
Hours can vary, but most nights are likely to be 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. on a stage in front of Mickey’s Sorcerer’s Hat on Hollywood Boulevard.
Article comes to us from the Disney Parks Blog
Guests can have a boatload of fun and learn how they can protect our oceans at The Seas with Nemo & Friends on World Oceans Day, June 8, 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. In one of several special activities, families can learn how coral reefs form, what wildlife live there, and the threats that face coral reefs today.
Want to know what a whale eats? There’s an activity for that too. Here’s a hint: there are two kinds of whale (baleen and toothed) and each uses different methods to get its food.
Guests who take part in take part in the “Sea Turtle Flop” activity must flip special chips into safe turtle habitat. If the chips “flop out,” they can land in areas where there are the major threats to sea turtles: predators, pollution, beach obstacles and artificial lighting. Guests learn not only how these threats affect sea turtles, but what we all can do to help.
Each year more and more countries and groups have been marking June 8 on their calendars as a day to celebrate our oceans and our personal connection to the sea. Remember, no matter where we live we are all connected to the oceans, and any action you take that reduces waste, saves water or keeps it clean, protects ocean wildlife or reduces emissions helps our oceans.
Now Through Aug. 14
Summer Nightastic! “Summer Nightastic!” lights up the after-dark entertainment experience at the Walt Disney World Resort through Aug. 14 with a megawatt parade, fireworks extravaganza, rockin’ dance party, concerts and other surprises. More info: disneyworld.com
- Magic Kingdom, guests can enjoy the return of the “Main Street Electrical Parade,” and see the new “Summer Nightastic! Fireworks Spectacular.”
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios, guests can experience new effects and a summer-only drop sequence at The Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror, and dance the night away at the “Rock n’ Glow Dance Party,” where a DJ and live rock band keep popular tunes coming every Tuesday and Thursday through Sunday.
- Epcot, the “Sounds Like Summer” tribute-band concert series returns every evening at 5:45, 7 and 8:15 p.m. at the America Gardens Theatre through July 31.
- This week’s act (subject to change):
- June 12-19: Stayin’ Alive – A Tribute to The Bee Gees
LAST WEEKEND! Star Wars Weekends: The power of the Force and the magic of Disney combine Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Star Wars Weekends. More info: starwars.com or disneyworld.com/starwarsweekends
This weekend’s celebrity appearances (subject to change):
- Ray Park (Darth Maul in “Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace”)
- Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca, in four of the live-action films)
- James Arnold Taylor (voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi in “Star Wars: The Clone Wars”)
EVENTS & ACTIVITIES – June 11-18
- Daily – “Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It!” Street Party: 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 5:40 p.m.
- Daily – Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade: 3 p.m.
- Daily – Summer Nightastic Fireworks Spectacular: 10 p.m.
- Daily – Main Street Electrical Parade: 9 p.m. & 11 p.m.
- Park Hours – June 11-13: 9 a.m.-11 p.m.; June 14: 9 a.m.-12 a.m.; June 15-17: 9 a.m. – 11 p.m.; June 18: 9 a.m.-12 a.m.
DISNEY’S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
- Daily – Block Party Bash: 3 p.m.
- Special Presentation – Fantasmic!: June 11, 13, 17: 9 p.m. & 10:30 p.m.
- Park Hours – June 11-13: 9 a.m.-10 p.m.; June 14: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.; June 15: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; June 16: 9 a.m.-8 p.m.; June 17-18: 9 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Daily – IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth: 9 p.m.
- Park Hours – Future World: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.; World Showcase: 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
DISNEY’S ANIMAL KINGDOM
- Daily – Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade: 3:45 p.m.
- Park Hours – June 11: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.; June 12: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; June 13-14: 9 a.m.-8 p.m.; June 15: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.; June 16: 9 a.m.-8 p.m.; June 17-18: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
DISNEY’S BLIZZARD BEACH
- Park Hours – June 11-12: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; June 13-18: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
DISNEY’S TYPHOON LAGOON
- Park Hours – June 11-12: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; June 13-18: 9 a.m.-7 p.m.
ESPN WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS COMPLEX
- Through Aug. 11 – AAU Boys’ Basketball
- Through Aug. 11 – AAU Girls’ Basketball
- June 12 – Expedition Everest Challenge presented by Champion
- June 15-23 – 37th AAU Junior National Girls’ Volleyball Championships
- June 17-20 – USAC Mopar .25 Nationals
- June 18-20 – Disney Summer Soccer Jamboree
House of Blues presents . . .
- June 11 Gilberto Santa Rosa (salsa): House of Blues; $40 adv/$43 day of; 9 p.m.
- June 12 Orlando Rocks! with Nu Era, Empyrean, In This Day, Such is Life and Gettendeep (rock)
- June 13 The Goldenaires (gospel brunch): House of Blues; $32.50 ages 10+/$16.25 ages 3-9; 10:30 a.m. & 1 p.m. Distant Relatives featuring NAS and Damian Marley with guest Nneka (hip hop): House of Blues; $32.50 adv/$35 day of; 7 p.m.
- June 18 Jowell y Randy (reggaeton): House of Blues; $33.25 adv/$36.25 day of; 9 p.m.