Category Archives: Attractions
I’m not sure if any of you moms out there have noticed, but sometimes the Dads walking around the Disney Parks aren’t that excited about going on It’s A Small World or Prince Charming’s Carousel. Of course they go on them because their kids love it, but the excitement factor just isn’t there. They may be longing to ride Space Mountain or Expedition Everest over and over again, but it may be hard to enjoy without the kiddos by your side. But never fear Disney Dads! There are some awesome, must-not-be-missed rides that you can enjoy with your little ones.
5. Pirates of the Caribbean: There is nothing more manly than Pirates. Well maybe Ninjas but unfortunately if there are Ninjas at WDW we can’t see them. Pirates of the Caribbean is the ultimate Daddy ride. Here little ones can snuggle up to daddy since the entire ride is in the dark. On Pirates Dad’s will learn on of the manliest songs ever sung. Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for me!
4. Toy Story Mania: What Dad could turn down a chance to play a life-size video game? This 4D interactive attraction combines good ole’ fashion gaming with some addictive midway fun. Parents and kids alike will enjoy joining their favorite Toy Story characters on this fast pace, fun ride. Will you be able to beat your child’s score? Will you have the high score of the day?
As almost the entire world knows, this coming Monday is the 30th Birthday of Epcot! Happy Birthday Epcot! I was extremely fortunate to be able to be at the 40th Anniversary of Walt Disney World last October 1st, and while I won’t be at Epcot this year, I can really picture the setting in my mind’s eye as if I was there. I thought I would share with you some of the things you might be able to see at Epcot for the anniversary, so take a look at the list and decide if any of them are of interest to you. These special events are being brought to you from the D23 gang, Disney’s Official Fan Club.
- From 1-2PM, Designing the Future – Past and Present: A panel of Disney Imagineers remembers 30 years of building tomorrow!
- 4:30-6:00 pm: Epcot: How it Changed the World with Marty Sklar
- 6:30-8:00 pm: Epcot: How it Changed the World with Marty Sklar
- At 3PM in the America Gardens Theatre, Disney leaders will speak, as well as performances from Mariachi Cobre and the Voices of Liberty.
- Lastly, there will be a special 30th Anniversary edition of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth for you to enjoy!
Believe it or not, Walt Disney World is not just for kids/families, it can also be a romantic place to vacation for couples as well! Should you find yourself in the mood for a little Disney Romance, then check out these top romantic rides for couples:
1. Peter Pan’s Flight – Board a pirate ship for a trip to Neverland! The ships are suspended from the ceiling, giving you the feeling that you are flying, as you soar through scenes from the movie. It’s set mostly in the dark, plus you get to fly – how much more romantic can you get than that!
2. Spaceship Earth – Located in Epcot’s icon, the giant shimmering geosphere, this ride depicts the story of how we communicate, from ancient to modern times. The best part is that it is interactive – partway through the ride, the screen in front of you comes to life, and you enter some information, answer some questions, and then it shows “your future”, it’s a lot of fun and a blast to see what your future holds for you and your significant other.
As the Christmas Season approaches (yes, it’s almost 3 months away!), many Disney vacationers are in a dilemma. Should they pay the extra money to attend Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, otherwise known as MVMCP? I vote YES, but will give you the details and some tips to make your own decision.
What to Expect:
- MVMCP begins November 9, 2012 to December 21, 2012 (note, not during Christmas Week). It runs select evenings only.
- Ticket prices vary from $53.95 to $62.95 (ages 3-9), $58.95 to $67.95 (ages 10 and up) depending on the evening.
- Purchasing tickets in advance saves you a few bucks and guarantees your tickets. FYI-There are a couple of nights there are no advance purchase discounts. Many nights sell out beforehand, so plan ahead!
A lot of adults write off Walt Disney World as “kid’s stuff”…personally I think that is nuts! While I believe adults can find a lot of ‘grown up’ activities to keep them happy and busy, I also think that everyone should take the time to experience all of these at least once (if not over and over!):
- Spinning on the teacups as fast as you can (please note: adults AND kids should probably NOT eat right before attempting this!)
- Getting your picture taken with characters – adults may think it’s silly to wait in line for Minnie’s autograph (I know I do – even I draw the line here – did enough of that when I was a kid!) but if you’re enjoying a character meal, and Minnie comes over to say hi, don’t avoid it, embrace the chance to let her hug you and have your picture taken with her (Minnie is quite the little flirt with the gentleman – so keep an eye on your husbands ladies!). On a separate but related note, I also think no one is too old for character meals, where you will find a fun, casual atmosphere and some of the best food WDW has to offer!
- Water Slides – Disney offers two water parks full of all kinds of slides and pools, it’s the perfect way to cool off on a hot day
- Roller coasters – even though many of the rides at WDW may be geared towards the younger crowd, there are many that adults can enjoy – from Space Mountain in the Magic Kingdom to Expedition Everest in Animal Kingdom, every park has at least one ‘thrill’ ride that will get your adrenaline pumping!
- Towel Animals – When you stay on property at one of WDW’s many hotels, the cast members who clean the rooms will leave your towels/washcloths in cute shapes, sometimes animals or setup as a vase for pipe cleaner ‘flowers’, it may seem silly, but it always makes me smile (and usually take a picture…could probably make a whole album full of towel animal pictures! Silly, but it’s just another one of those Magical Disney touches that I love!)