Category Archives: Disneyland
If your heading to Disneyland soon be sure to check out the Refurbishment/Closure list below. Refurbishment information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to visiting. Updated information is available on the Disneyland website.
- Troubadour Tavern (Disneyland) closed through 5/22/13 for refurbishment.
- Big Thunder Trail & Ranch Complex (Disneyland) closed 1/7/13-1/10/13, 1/14/13-1/17/13, 1/21/13-1/24/13, 1/28/13-1/31/13, 2/4/13-2/7/13, 2/11/13-2/14/13, 2/18/13-2/21/13 and 2/25/13-2/28/13 for refurbishment.
- Big Thunder Ranch Petting Farm (Disneyland) closed 1/7/13-1/17/13 for refurbishment.
- Haunted Mansion (Disneyland) closed 1/7/13-1/17/13 to remove holiday overlay.
- Primeval World (Disneyland) closed 1/7/13-1/24/13 for refurbishment.
- Tom Sawyer’s Island Cider Mill (Disneyland) closed 1/7/13-2/4/13, 4/8/13-4/11/13, 4/19/13-5/2/13, 5/6/13-5/9/13, 5/13/13-5/16/13 and 5/20/13-5/23/13 for refurbishment.
- Fantasmic! (Disneyland) closed 1/7/13-2/14/13 for refurbishment.
Anaheim police arrested two people they claim ran a prostitution ring out of a motel near Disneyland.
Police say an online ad led to arrests made at the Motel 6 on Disney Way, where arrests were made. Authorities contend that Irina Martinez of Anaheim and Andres Terrones of Santa Ana ran a sex-for-hire operation involving several women out of the hotel rooms.
They remained jailed Thursday on suspicion of pimping, conspiracy and child endangerment.
The undercover operation involved Anaheim police and the Orange County Human Trafficking Task Force.
- 2 Arrested For Running Prostitution Ring Near Disneyland Motel (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- Suspects busted in Anaheim sex trafficking ring (abclocal.go.com)
News from the Disney Parks Blog! With the success of Disney California Adventure’s DCA Today, Disneyland Today has now launched as well! While at the resort guests can follow Disneyland Today on Facebook or @DisneylandToday on Twitter and receive live park updates and information on their mobile devices.
The Disneyland Today team can respond to questions, create special surprises and assist with service concerns. This popular social media program joins the Disney Parks Blog as well as the Disneyland Resort Facebook Page and the official @Disneyland Twitter feed.
Let’s hope that Walt Disney World Today is right around the corner!!! Check it out and let us know what you think and if you think it will help your next trip experience!
- Disneyland refurbishment schedule December 2012 (chipandco.com)
- Indiana Jones Adventure in Disneyland is About to Re-Open Better than Ever! (chipandco.com)
NEW! Disney Attractions+ now available at Walt Disney World® and Disneyland® Resorts. With Attractions+ you can take home all your Attraction images, taken within a 14 day visit to the parks, for $44.95.
How does it work?
- RIDE: Ride one of the participating Attractions
- ASSOCIATE: Present your Attractions+ card at the Attraction Imaging Sales Center within 24 hours of riding to associate your photo.
- CLAIM: Visit DisneyPhotoPass.com and enter the ID on the back of the card.
- DOWNLOAD: Go to “My Downloads” to access your Attractions+ photo downloads.
Disney Attractions+ is available for purchase at any of the participating Attractions.
Walt Disney World Participating Attractions: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Rock ‘n Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, Test Track
Disneyland Participating Attractions: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, California Screamin, Radiator Springs Racers, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Let us know if you are going to check this out in the comment box below!
- Changes Coming to Disney World in 2013 (chipandco.com)
- How to do Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique on a Budget (chipandco.com)
Disneyland park guests it is time to celebrate! Indiana Jones Adventure will officially resume operation on December 8th! The ride has been closed for three months being refurbished.
With the holidays approaching and crowd levels expected to rise, no other attraction at Disneyland Resort is scheduled for closures in December.
The popular ride, Indiana Jones Adventure, opened in 1995 and initially had some problems with more than 300 visitors reporting injuries from the ride within a 3-year period. This current refurbishment had nothing to do with any of these past complaints, instead visitors should expect to see a new mural in the dart room, and the bridges got a new look with ragged planks.
Overall, the ride has undergone “show modifications to enhance lighting, paint, figure animation and other effects,” Kevin Rafferty, a Disneyland Resort Spokesman said.
This attraction is one of the most expensive to maintain at the Disneyland Resort. The ride seats are Jeeplike vehicles, that maneuver through archaeological scenes, in vehicles that weigh 12,800 lbs.