Category Archives: Disneyland
The World of Color construction is well under way at Disneyâ€™s California Adventure park. Guests are in for a real treat when the spectacular nighttime water show debuts later this year. In the meantime, take a look at this video. The construction and testing are surprisingly entertaining. The platform you see is longer than a football field and itâ€™s covered with more than 1,200 fountains. The idea for this show began in 2004. Thatâ€™s six years ago! Weâ€™re in the home stretch!
Use your phoneâ€™s web browser to learn more about the Parks, characters, attractions, and dining options.
Send and receive Disney Theme Park and attraction information. You can also opt-in to receive special offers and personal messages from Disney.
Click the picture above to learn more
This article comes from Park Thoughts. It seems they uncovered Carsland blueprints that were hidden in this Disney Park Video that was released and posted here earlier this month. I watched the video and was oblivious to the blueprint just sitting right in front of my face. Here it is again in case you missed it..
Quoted from Park Thoughts:
Those are what appear to be the blue prints for 2012â€™s Carsland at the park. Â They seem to be final version as it matches the models shown at the D23 Expo as well as the current cement walls/track/footers, that have been built in the area.
You should head over to Park Thoughts website and check out the video still they were able to capture and read their article. Click here for the jump.
Photo from disneyorama.com
Here is a compiled list of the refurbishments and closings at the Disneyland Resort & California Adventure in California. Before you travel please check out www.disneyland.com to confirm all these closures and refurbishments as this list is subject to change.
- “Honey I Shrunk the Audience” closed through 1/28/11 due to the temporary return of “Captain EO.”
- Starcade closed through 2/1/10 for refurbishment.
- Main Street Cinema closed through 2/1/10 for refurbishment.
- S.S. Rustworthy closed through 2/14/10 for refurbishment.
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail closed through 2/19/10 for refurbishment.
- Award Weiners closed through 4/18/10 for refurbishment.
- Golden Vine Trattoria closed through 4/26/10 for refurbishment.
- Orange Stinger closed through 4/28/10 for refurbishment. It will re-open as Silly Symphonies Swings.
- Corn Dog Wagon closed through 5/4/10 for refurbishment.
- Rivers of America closed through 5/4/10 for a major refurbishment. All attractions requiring the use of the river will also be closed.
- Davy Crockett’s Explorer Canoes closed through 5/6/10 for refurbishment.
- Tom Sawyer Island closed through 5/6/10 for refurbishment.
- Sailing Ship Columbia closed through 5/6/10 for refurbishment.
- Mark Twain Riverboat closed through 5/14/10 for refurbishment.
- Fantasmic! closed through 5/27/10 due to major refurbishment of Rivers of America.
- Tomorrowland Terrace closed through 7/2/10 for refurbishment.
- Corn Dog Castle closed through 3/24/11 due to construction in the area. Corn dogs are currently available at the Bountiful Valley Farmer’s Market.
- “it’s a small world” closed 1/18/10 – 1/28/10 for removal of the holiday overlay.
- It’s Tough to be a Bug closed 1/20/10 – 1/21/10 for refurbishment.
- Francis’ Lady Bug Boogie closed 1/25/10 – 2/4/10 for refurbishment.
- Matterhorn Bobsleds closed 2/1/10 – 3/11/10 for refurbishment.
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail closed 2/8/10 – 3/19/10 for refurbishment.
- Golden Zephyr closed 2/10/10 – 4/2/10 for refurbishment.
- Disneyland Refurbishment Schedule January 2010 (chipandco.com)
- Disneyland Refurbishment Schedule February 2011 (chipandco.com)