Category Archives: News
Walt Disney World is planning to retire two monorail trains that were involved in the July 5 accident that killed a driver.
The pink and purple lines will be out of service to pay respect to the cast members involved in the crash, including 21-year-old Austin Wuennenberg, who died.
The new train will be the teal line, which will be compiled from the parts of the pink and purple trains that were not damaged when the two trains collided over the summer.Before the crash, Disney had 12 trains operating.
Disney expects the new teal line to begin carrying guests sometime in the fall, after it undergoes extensive safety testing.
Today I have a quick update with a behind-the-scenes look at the magical makeover the Disney Wonder is currently undergoing during dry dock in Freeport, Bahamas. Among the highlights is a brand new venue called Outlook CafÃ©. Below you can see a photo taken this past week.
Located on deck 10, the new venue will be a retreat for guests to relax and enjoy a beverage or cocktail as they peer out through floor-to-ceiling, curved glass windows.
Outlook CafÃ© will become the perfect place to take in the breathtaking vistas and natural wonders of Alaska when the Disney Wonder makes its way to Americaâ€™s last frontier in the summer of 2011. Departing out of Vancouver, the Disney Wonder will offer seven-night cruises to Alaska from May 3 to September 6, calling on Tracy Arm, Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan.
According to Women’s Wear Daily, the Disney star and pop singer is collaborating with a creative team to design Dream Out Loud by Selena Gomez. The line consists of “pretty, feminine and bohemian” clothes and accessories (made of eco-friendly and organic materials, natch) that are similar to the starlet’s own aesthetic.
These days when a celebrity announces a fashion venture, we’re usually like, “Whateverâ€”join the club, everybody’s got one.”
But the 17-year-old actress is one of the best-dressed junior fashionistas in Hollywood, and she seems like a genuinely nice young lady, so we’re kind of excited to see what she has to offer.
If youâ€™ve visited Disneyâ€™s California Adventure Park recently, you know the lagoon has been dry for many months as Walt Disney Imagineers install and test the newest and coolest water fountains at any Disney Park.
You can now see that the floor of Paradise Bay is a superstructure thatâ€™s nearly an acre in size and covered with a mass of metal, wiring, nozzles and gadgets. Itâ€™s all part of an intricate engineering feat to support â€œWorld of Color,â€ an exciting new nighttime water show that brings Disney animation to life with powerful fountains and amazing projection.
Click the picture above for the complete article
*All refurbishments are subject to change without notice.
* Japan Gallery – 9/8/09 – 10/15/09
* Space Mountain – 4/19/2009 – 11/21/09
* Stitch’s SuperSonic Celebration Closed 6/27/09
* Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. (Arcade) 4/19/09 -11/21/09
* Crystal Palace – 01/03/2010 – 02/13/2010
* Mad Tea Party – 11/3/2009 – 11/5/2009
* Magic Carpets of Aladdin – 12/6/2009 – 12/19/2009
* Splash Mountain 1/3/2010 – 2/27/2010
* Flights of Wonder – 09/13/09 – 10/23/09
* The Boneyard – 10/5/2009 – 10/18/2009
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
* Sounds Dangerous- temporarily closed, operates seasonally
Disney’s Wide World of Sports
* Sports Experience suspended indefinitely – Note that all sporting events are operating as usual.
* Typhoon Lagoon – closed 11/1/2009 – 1/10/2010.
* Blizzard Beach – closed 1/11/2010- 3/20/2010
* Virgin Mega Store – Closed on May 12, 2009. Temporary exhibit of Princess Diana gowns.
Disney’s Golf Courses
Disney’s Palm Golf Course-
Disney’s Magnolia Golf Course-
Disney’s Lake Buena Vista Course-10/12/09- 10/21/09.
Disney’s Osprey Ridge Golf Course- closed 10/22/09- 10/31/09