Category Archives: Snacks & Treats
No matter how many times I go to Walt Disney World, certain sights, sounds, attractions, and experiences still elicit excitement and smiles from me as if it was my first trip! How Disney World makes me feel is one of the many reasons that keep me coming back year after year; and today, I’m sharing my favorite Disney feelings from the surge of adrenaline through my favorite thrill rides to the sweet taste of a classic Disney snack! Let’s see if any of these are your favorites too!
10. Flying over London on Peter Pan’s Flight-This original opening day attraction has been a favorite among guests for generations, and that’s because I get to experience what it’s like to fly out of Darling children’s nursery and over a tiny, glowing London while aboard a flying pirate ship! This part of the attraction really makes me feel like a kid again; and for just a moment, I believe!
9. Walking into your Disney Resort room for the first time-I’m a huge fan of the Disney resorts because they let the Disney magic continue even after I’ve left the parks; and one of my favorite Disney feelings is that anticipation of opening my resort room door, wondering what Disney touches I will find inside and what my new Disney home will be for the next few days! See, I’m getting excited just talking about it!
8. Biting into the ear of a Mickey Mouse Premium Bar-This Mickey shaped ice cream bar, covered in a layer of thin chocolate, is a Disney World classic and is somewhat of a rite of passage for anyone visiting WDW for the first time. Plus, in the humid, Florida heat, it’s one the best ways to cool off.
Pirate’s Booty®, a leader and manufacturer of all-natural snacks, is pleased to announce its new look, themed to the Disney Junior preschool series, Jake and the Never Land Pirates. A new snack launch for 2013, Pirate’s Booty is offering a special Limited Edition 12-pack of half-ounce Pirate’s Booty.
The Limited Edition Jake and the Never Land Pirates multipack features Pirate’s Booty’s best-selling product – Pirate’s Booty Aged White Cheddar. The pack also features Jake and the Never Land Pirates characters and games to keep the crew engaged during snack time. The little treasures half-ounce size of Pirate’s Booty Aged White Cheddar is just 65-calories and is the perfect portion for the lunchbox or when on-the-go.
Disney Junior’s Jake and the Never Land Pirates, cable TV’s #1 series among Boys 2-5 for the past two consecutive years, revolves around a crew of kid pirates – leader Jake and pals Izzy and Cubby – and follows their Never Land adventures as they work to outwit two infamous characters, the one and only Captain Hook and Mister Smee, from the Disney film classic “Peter Pan.”
“We (at Pirate’s Booty) are excited to collaborate with Disney Junior on this special Jake and the Never Land Pirates snack,” stated Eric Berniker, Pirate’s Booty Vice President of Marketing. “Jake and the Never Land Pirates and Pirate’s Booty bothembody the fun-loving, adventurous and optimistic spirit that we all love. Pirate’s Booty is proud to give consumers a delicious and all-natural snacking option with the release of the Limited Edition half-ounce 12-pack of Pirate’s Booty Aged White Cheddar,” he continued.
“The Jake and the Never Land Pirates edition of Pirates Booty is a fun way to extend the Disney Junior brand, as it represents a snack that the whole family can feel good about eating,” said JD Edwards, Senior Vice President of Media Networks Licensing at Disney Consumer Products.
Pirate’s Booty Aged White Cheddar is a deliciously baked, all-natural snack made from puffed rice and corn and blended with real aged white cheddar cheese. Pirate’s Booty has all the fun, but half the fat and fewer calories than regular fried potato chips, so it’s a snack that kids and moms agree on. Pirate’s Booty is gluten-free and made in a peanut and tree-nut free facility. The Limited Edition Jake and the Never Land Pirates half-ounce 12-packs are available at retailers nationwide.
- PreOrder Sofia the First DVD and Royal Sing Along and Save (couponingtodisney.com)
- The New Disney Junior – Live on Stage! Opens Today at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (chipandco.com)
Valentine’s Day is less than a week away, and Spoonful.com has some new holiday ideas you’re gonna love!
Spoonful.com, Disney’s new lifestyle family site, is a one-stop shop filled with thousands of inspired ideas to bring a little magic into everyday family life. It features content grouped into four main categories (cook, create, play, and celebrate), so whether you know what you’re looking for, like printable Valentine’s Day Cards, or are just browsing for festive ideas, you’ll find a great match for your family. The site’s responsive design also makes it easy to access from home or on-the-go via mobile devices, so stop by for some simply delightful Valentine’s Day activities like the ones seen here.
Our readers have Dining questions all the time. When is the best time to eat? Quick Service or Table Service? Dining Plan or No? Ask ten people how they eat when they are at Walt Disney World and you will get twelve different answers! It all depends on how you like to do things at the parks. I’m going to give you a rundown of how we plan our meals at Walt Disney World with two kids.
1. Disney Dining Plan: We always do the Disney Dining Plan (especially when it’s free). There are debates on whether you are saving money, but we like the convenience. I like being able to budget most of my expenses ahead of time. Children under 3 are not required to purchase a Dining Plan, so they can eat off of your plate. There is so much food, this is never an issue.
2. Plan your Advance Dining Reservations. Yup, we love to eat at Disney and have our favorite places to go. So after consulting TouringPlans.com for their crowd calendar, we decide which days we will be at which park. Then we map out our Advance Dinning Reservations (ADR’s). With the dining plan you get one Table Service, one Quick Service and one Snack per person, per night of stay. You can use in any order or combination and we do!
3. Bang for Your Buck: If you are using the Disney Dining Plan, get the most out of your money. Plan character meals, which are often very expensive. Check out the menu’s ahead of time and make sure you go somewhere special, that you might not go to otherwise. If you are looking to do Le Cellier for a romantic evening, or Cinderella’s Royal Table for your Princess, plan on 2 Table Service Credits.
My absolute favorite thing to eat at Disney World is a Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bar. I eat at least one a day when I am in the parks. I carefully devour the delectable crunch of the chocolaty exterior as I relish the velvety smooth vanilla ice cream. Try as I might, this is one snack I just can’t seem to replicate outside of the parks. I’ve purchased just about every single brand of similarly constructed ice cream bar and sadly, nothing compares. So, today we are taking a look at enjoying ever last morsel of this park exclusive. Join me as we look at the top ten ways to eat a Mickey’s Premium Bar (AND not lose a single bite). Let’s get started!
10. Eat your Mickey Bar at warp speed.
No casual snacking here! Open that ice cream up with intent and eat. No talking, no double tasking, JUST eating…FAST! Chocolate that melts in your mouth is so much better than chocolate that melts everywhere else because you are taking your precious time! Make it snappy and enjoy!
9. Do it with style!
I have a technique for eating this tasty treat. I stand, hunched over, feet shoulder width apart, Mickey Bar perched carefully over a safety net of napkins and wrapper. This safety net allows any stray bits of chocolate coating to be salvaged. I’ve been talking about doing an entire post on this technique. I’ll have to wait until I am back at Disney to this capture this through pictures. I know you are on the edge of your seat (lol!). Until then, hopefully this description is enough to save your snack!