Category Archives: Snacks & Treats
What is it? The version of this savory pie has a flaky phyllo crust and a filling of spinach, feta, leeks and dill.
Where you can get it?Kouzzina by Cat Cora at Disney’s BoardWalk, Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
Photo Credit: by Disney
If you have a Disney Food Confession email firstname.lastname@example.org or let us know on the Disney Food Confessions.. He is accepting Food ideas or Photos if you have them!
Families can now celebrate Halloween through the entire month of October with a diverse line-up of fun Halloween content offered on Disney Online’s Mom and Family Portfolio of Web sites. From Disney-inspired homemade costumes and recipes to loads of unique Halloween games and Halloween crafts for parties, families will be able to find everything they need to enjoy this beloved holiday.
On Disney Family.com families can celebrate Halloween all month long with 31 days of Disney Halloween ideas perfect for Disney fans of all ages. Families will have a blast creating their very own Mickey Mouse Pumpkin and then eating spooky Jack Skellington Cupcakes or Pirate Skull Cookies. Visitors to FamilyFun.com can choose from an array of unique homemade costume ideas for kids and find tips and tricks to carving the perfect pumpkin. Even the littlest ones can get in on the Halloween fun with baby costume ideas found on BabyZone.com. On Kaboose.com, visitors can find 30 creative and tasty Halloween party recipes perfect for the ultimate celebration.
“To ensure families have the best Halloween ever this year, we’re leveraging our entire portfolio of sites for moms and families to offer a comprehensive collection of Halloween content,” said Emily Smith, vice president, Disney Online Mom and Family Portfolio. “Inspirational ideas for useful and creative Halloween crafts and costume ideas plus super fun contests that get the whole family involved are just some of the exciting activities we’re featuring on our sites.”
Additionally, for the first time, the entire Disney Mom and Family portfolio of sites will simultaneously run themed photo costume contests for families to enter. The frightfully fun “Halloween Costume Contest Spook-tacular” categories include:
- Ghoulishly Great Family Costumes – Submit photos of the entire family in costume
- Boo-Tiful Baby Photo Costume Contest – Submit cute baby costumes
- Terror-ific Kids Costume Contest – Submit favorite kids’ Halloween costumes
- Bow-Meow-Ween Pet Photo Costume Contest – Pets can get in on the action with costumes of their very own
Check out some more pictures of these yummy treats.
This is just a preview of one of the many bonus videos on the Toy Story 3 Blu-ray and DVD.
Toy Story 3 available on (Four-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) November 2, 2010
Become a fan on Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/PixarToyStory
For those of you not familiar with paletas, they are traditional Latin American popsicles. The ones located at La Cantina are water-based and made with fresh fruit. You can choose from cantaloupe, coconut, lemon and mango with chili. I have tried all four of them but will be talking about the coconut one today. If you are looking for a refreshing tasty treat, this is it. The coconut paleta was full of flavor and topped with coconut flakes but once you got towards the end it was full of chunks of coconut. A real treat! This is perfect on a really hot Florida day when you are looking for something to cool down that is sweet, tasty and refreshing.
Paletas cost $3.95 and you can use one Disney Dining Plan snack credit on them.
Tip: If you decide to use your Disney Dining Plan counter service credit here ask them to hold your paleta until you finish your meal. They are more than happy to do so. The cast member will stamp it and when you come back to get it, they’ll make a little mark so they know you’ve picked it up.
I love the snacks at Walt Disney World. Dole Whips, Butterfinger Cupcakes, there are to many to name. As I write this article I am munching on Sesame Honey Cashews from Trader Joes..Yum!
If you purchased the Disney Deluxe Dining Plan then you have more than enough food to last a lifetime. But with Disney Free Dining deals a plenty you might need a little snack to munch on between your meals.
Besides cashews and other varieties of nuts, my family and I love fruit,Welchs Fruit Snacks, and 100 Calories Packs of Cookies and Various Snacks. We have them in our backpacks, cars, diaper bags you name it..The 100 Calorie Snacks are perfect on the go and take up very little space.
I put out the word to our Facebook friends for some munchie ideas and here is what you guys said.
- Karen P – rice crispy treats and granola bars
- Cheryl F – granola bars, fruit snack, (this year) buddy fruits – real fruit in a little drink bag.
- D.K. P - Trail mix a little nuts for protein and a little sugar for a kick of energy.
- Michelle L – graham cracker sticks, baby carrots, granola bars, fresh fruit, trail mix, cereal necklaces for the kiddies (fruit cheerios strung up with dental floss)
- Jessica S – Wheat thins, sometimes cookies
- Christopher S - not a snack necessarily, but we bring our own water. Michelle, you aren’t fooling anyone with the dental floss necklace. my kids would boycott it on principle
- Melanie N - I ship a box of capri suns, waters zip lock bags and snacks to the resort before hand. We bring the drinks and snacks such as special k cereal bars, fruit snacks and chex mix. Quick snacks while waiting in line.
Let us know some of your snack ideas you like to bring with you to the parks in the comment section below. Every little bit helps..especially in your wallet.