Category Archives: Food
Beginning today, you can see a super pre-parade celebration just ahead of the daily performances of the “Celebrate a Dream Come True” parade at Magic Kingdom Park. It’ll feature Disney football star Goofy and some Central Florida youth football champions. You can also expect to see Walt Disney World Resort cheerleaders and two of the nuttiest referees this side of the 50-yard line and other character favorites.
The pre-parade will run for a limited time – through February 3 – and lead up to a special ticker-tape parade down Main Street, U.S.A., after the big game on February 4. Watch the Disney Parks Blog for more information on that parade.
Also, during this time, check out Cosmic Rays new menu items that commemorate the super Sunday celebration. Special “Soup-er Bowls” representing the teams will be available for one-week only, from February 1 – 9. Savor the Lobster Bisque and Tomato Basil Bisque only available as part of our “Limited Time Magic” celebration.
You can find updates on our latest extra sprinkle of pixie dust on Twitter using hashtag #LimitedTimeMagic and on our LimitedTimeMagic.com web page.
- Walt Disney World Resort Turns Up the Romance During “True Love” Week All Part of Limited Time Magic (chipandco.com)
- Long Lost Disney Friends Return for Limited Time Magic at Walt Disney World Resort (chipandco.com)
My absolute favorite thing to eat at Disney World is a Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bar. I eat at least one a day when I am in the parks. I carefully devour the delectable crunch of the chocolaty exterior as I relish the velvety smooth vanilla ice cream. Try as I might, this is one snack I just can’t seem to replicate outside of the parks. I’ve purchased just about every single brand of similarly constructed ice cream bar and sadly, nothing compares. So, today we are taking a look at enjoying ever last morsel of this park exclusive. Join me as we look at the top ten ways to eat a Mickey’s Premium Bar (AND not lose a single bite). Let’s get started!
10. Eat your Mickey Bar at warp speed.
No casual snacking here! Open that ice cream up with intent and eat. No talking, no double tasking, JUST eating…FAST! Chocolate that melts in your mouth is so much better than chocolate that melts everywhere else because you are taking your precious time! Make it snappy and enjoy!
9. Do it with style!
I have a technique for eating this tasty treat. I stand, hunched over, feet shoulder width apart, Mickey Bar perched carefully over a safety net of napkins and wrapper. This safety net allows any stray bits of chocolate coating to be salvaged. I’ve been talking about doing an entire post on this technique. I’ll have to wait until I am back at Disney to this capture this through pictures. I know you are on the edge of your seat (lol!). Until then, hopefully this description is enough to save your snack!
People always tell me or post about how they never spend time in their rooms at Disney or time at the resort, and that they are only there to sleep, so they only want to stay at a value resort. Sound familiar? Well, I say the opposite (sometimes)…and you may too if you knew what you were missing.
All the Disney resorts have unique activities and some have many reasons to do more than just sleep there! I am going to explore all the ins and outs of the Grand Floridian and maybe if you book your next vacation there you will plan a “resort day” or if you are staying somewhere else, no problem, a lot of these activities are open to anyone so you can have a Grand Floridian Resort Day too!
At the Grand Floridian elegance from the Victorian era helps make the end of day relaxation much easier. The rooms are large and comfortable and the decor is flawless. The nicest thing about the Grand Floridian, besides it being a “Monorail Resort” is the staff. From check-in to check out do not have to life a finger, that is unless you want too. For instance, your bags are delivered to your room and when you are in a farther out building near the water even you are delivered via golf cart to your room. Basically, your wish is their command.
What makes the Grand Floridian so unique, other than unique people like the Teddy Bear Lady? Read on for why you should splurge and have a few nights at the Grand Dame of Walt Disney World!
1. Amazing dining options - whether you want a quick bite, a regular table service meal, or the most signature dining experience of them all…eat some meals at the Grand Floridian.
Want to try something new while vacationing at Disney? Why not take time out of your busy schedule visiting the parks and splashing around in the many great pools and visit Downtown Disney on Sundays from 11am to 4pm and have a truly original experience and try Raglan Road’s new authentic Irish brunch. Raglan Road is stepping up their Sunday dining experience with a few new twists.
They are now offering nine entrees and three signature cocktails for a truly delightful experience. The “Full Irish” includes sausage, black and white pudding, bacon, roasted tomato, mushrooms and fried eggs with roasties (otherwise known as roasted potatoes). You can get all this for $19.00. Other entrees are pancakes diaspora — with crème fraiche, maple syrup and mixed berry compote — a smoked salmon omelette, ham schnitzel and eggs Benedict.
The three signature cocktails include the traditional mimosa, an Elderflower cocktail — a sparkling wine with a flower and fruit on the rim, and a traditional Irish Red Eye which is a Bloody Mary with a Guinness floater.
What is a Garden Grocer and why are we so in love with it? Garden Grocer is a local supermarket outside the Disney World properties in Orlando. There are many grocery stores in the area that will make your deliveries but Garden Grocer does the best job by far!
5 Reasons why we love Garden Grocer:
- Online ordering. It’s so much easier to peruse the selections online than try to explain something over the phone. Their system is very user-friendly and their selection complete. Coming from “up North” some of the brands were unfamiliar, but they had everything I was looking for.
- Delivery. Right to your Disney Resort or place off property. With a delivery to our Disney Resort we didn’t even need to be in our room. Your groceries are left with luggage/bell services and the cold items in refrigerated storage. At most of the moderate or deluxe grade resorts you may have the groceries then delivered by bell services upon your return. Otherwise you can pick them up at the luggage rooms. Check with your resort ahead of time if you think there may be an issue.
- Selection. Garden Grocer has a huge selection of products. They have baby items, snacks and even alcoholic beverages. The online ordering section is divided into “aisles” just like your grocery store at home. My favorite section…”Park Essentials”.
- Savings. Buying these same items are a fortune at Disney’s gift shops. If all you want is a half-gallon of milk you can go into any Disney gift shop and get one. We even found we were able to use snack credits for boxes of crackers and cookies. However, if you are looking to save on snacks to bring to the park or have breakfast items on hand you will not save any money by going to the food courts.
- Time. We don’t rent a car while at Disney. If we did, the LAST thing we would want to do is running to the grocery store. We would rather be relaxing by our resort pool or enjoying the parks. You are on vacation, for a small delivery fee and a little planning ahead you really can enjoy it!