Category Archives: Best Disney Food
I am always interested in what other peoples top places to grab a meal at Walt Disney World and why. It is just interesting to see why people choose a certain restaurant and what has influenced them in their decisions.
Here are my Top 5 Disneyworld Character Dining Restaurants
5. 1900 Park Fare - Breakfast here was very good. The Omlet Bar was a highlight for me. Seeing Alice was very nice since you don’t see her often enough in the parks. The resort itself has an old turn of the century type feel.
4. Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall - Almost all the Disney Princesses in one location and the Picture is included in the cost of the meal. A Must for all Disney Princesses.
3. Chef Mickey’s – Good Food, Great Location. A must for us at least 2 times every visit.You will not walk away hungry here even if the food is more of a traditional American fare.
2. Donald’s Safari Breakfast at Tusker House – Unique food and the restaurant has an open air market feel to it. Donald Duck and Pals are dressed very different than how you would see them elsewhere. Not as popular as some character Dining Dining restaurants which is ok by me as you can get in and out again pretty fast.
1. Ohana’s Best Friends Breakfast with Lilo & Stitch – Beautiful resort and some of the best dining at Disney World. The food has a Polynesian flare while not overpowering. If you get a view near the windows you can see Cinderellas Castle off in the Distance.
What are your favorite Character Dining Restaurants?
Let us know in the comment section below.
- Top 10 Disneyworld Snacks – According to Jess (chipandco.com)
I am starting a new side project. Along with my extensive, I am also going to be doing a series of top tens. Subjects may include food, drinks, items to pack, attractions, resorts, off property attractions, tours, and much, much, more! I am going to start this week by listing my top ten Disney World snacks. Everything on my list is going to be considered a snack by the Disney Dining Plan!
Snacking is one of my all time favorite things to do. I am not someone who is big into sitting down for proper meals, rather, I am a grazer. Often while on the Disney Dining Plan, I use up my snack credits quite quickly! If you are a big snacker like me, indulge yourself in my top ten favorite Walt Disney World Snacks.
- Mickey Rice KrispieTreats! These tasty little temptations are absolutely to die for. The taste of marshmallows and rice cereal make me remember my childhood. The fact that they are shaped like Mickey is just an added bonus.
- Chili at Roaring Forks inside the Wilderness Lodge. A bowl of chili here is worth only a snack credit, but eats like a meal. Meaty, spicy, and just plain delicious! A great option for a light lunch before that big buffet dinner!
- Mickey Ice Cream Bars! You can find them just about anywhere, but you better eat them fast. The rich chocolate and cool vanilla ice cream shaped like the mouse himself makes this snack a winner any time of day!
- Pineapple Dole Whip! Aloha Isle in Adventureland serves up this refreshing and very popular item!
- 3 piece Beignets at Port Orleans French Quarter. These are so good it is a sin that this is the only place you can get them on property.
- Chocolate Croissant at Starring Roles Café at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. These buttery, chocolaty delights are a great choice for a rich and sinful way to start touring the studios…my suggestion however, do not head on over to Rockin Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror after eating!
- Hummus and Pita Chips at Mara. It is good to note that the hummus and pita chips each count as one snack credit on the plan so if you get both it is two credits, but oh so worth it! I love a good healthy snack as well and the delicious hummus and pita chips really hit the spot!
- Funnel Cake at Sleepy Hallow in the Magic Kingdom. Crispy, sweet, fried, and oh so good. Big enough to share, but you probably won’t want to!!!
- Zebra Domes! I am heading back to Mara and the Animal Kingdom Lodge for this treat. These sweet and slightly grown up treats will keep you coming back for more.
- Cupcakes!!! I just love a good cupcake and at WDW they seem to make them extra special. The cake is light and sweet and the frosting borders on too much! A few seasonal sprinkles and you have a timeless crowd pleaser. You can find a good cupcake at most food courts and many bakeries on property!
What is it? Spice-Crusted Cornish Game Hen with turnips and cherries.
Where can you get it? Sanaa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Photo Credit: by Disney
If you have a Disney Food Confession email firstname.lastname@example.org or let us know on the Disney Food Confessions.. He is accepting Food ideas or Photos if you have them!
Pretzels are one of those items that you can get at any park but the ones over at Germany’s Sommerfest and the carts are different. These pretzels aren’t the kind that you find in your freezer section of your local grocery store. These pretzels are really good. They are big, soft, fresh and have a nice butter coating with pretzel salt. It is one of my favorite snacks and I rarely ever miss grabbing one with a good German beer. This pretzel you can eat by itself or dip it in a nice spicy brown mustard. Either way, it’s good. So if you haven’t tried these make sure to pick one up on your next trip to Epcot.
Tip: If you are making these at home using the Disney recipe, melt a little bit of butter to brush on top before place in the oven. Also, it’s great dipped in Bavarian Beer Cheese Spread (which isn’t Disney but delicious).
Thanks to the wonderful Kristen for this yummy treat!
Photo credit by maidink
Here is a plug for an upcoming event of hers that I have marked on my calendar!!!
This is the first ever LIVE Cooking with Mickey ChatCast. Please join Kristen as she creates some of your favorite Disney dishes and even a cocktail. The recipes will come from Napa Rose (Disneyland), Boma and Kouzzina (Walt Disney World). Please join her and feel free to interact! You can ask questions about cooking, Disney dining, restaurants and more.