Shhhh don’t tell anyone. It’s just between you and me. I have been a passholder for a few years and a Cast Member a few years ago. So in that time I have learned a few insider secrets that I thought you would appreciate.
- The buildings on Main Street are designed in a very special way that is not visible just by looking at them. When you enter the Magic Kingdom as you approach Main Street the building on Main street are designed to make the Castle appear huge and far away. The opposite is true when you are leaving and walking down Main Street the design of the buildings makes the exit seem closer than it really is because Walt knew you would be tired by then end of the day and thought it would make you feel a little better if you thought the exit was closer. It is called “Forced Perspective”. Some people have said this not true but I was told this on my first day of training as a Cast Member.
- The Magic Kingdom is actually not on ground level. They had to build it higher than ground level because the utilidors are underneath. In Florida they can only dig so far before they hit water, so the utilidors are actually on ground level and The Magic Kingdom is higher.
- If you look at the second story windows of the shops on Main Street you will see some names. These are the names of the designers.
- When you see an American Flag down Main Street they are also lightning rods. Since Florida is the lightning capital of the world this is a very comforting feature.
- The Emporium is the best place to shop in the Magic Kingdom because they have the widest selection of merchandise.