Category Archives: Digital Books
As Disney gets ready to welcome Rapunzel as the 10th princess in the Disney Princess royal court, Disney Publishing is joining in on the celebration with the launch of its newest app for iPad – Disney Princess – Royal Party!
Disney Princess – Royal Party App Features Include:
- Read along with Rapunzel on a brand new original adventure.
- Create your own Crown and bake tasty Princess Cupcakes.
- Make magical scenes of your own with all the Disney Princesses including Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Cinderella, Jasmine, Snow White and Tiana.
- Create and share invitations for your own exciting party!
- Swipe your finger and enjoy fun coloring pages with Rapunzel and all the Disney Princesses!
- Tap the screen and solve Puzzles of scenes from Rapunzel’s own adventure Tangled and get to know Rapunzel’s friends, Flynn, Maximus and Pascal.
- And don’t forget to look for more treasures hidden in the app!
The Disney Princess: Royal Party app is available for download for iPad at the App Store for $4.99/£2.99.
From the picture above:
During her sightseeing adventures, Rapunzel takes a break by the Thames where she can admire Tower Bridge. Disney will officially welcome Rapunzel as the 10th Disney Princess character at a celebration at Kensington Palace, to take place in front of a global audience on October 2, 2011.To tweet this photo include #RapunzelCelebration in your message to be part of the online conversation. For more information visit www.disney.co.uk/rapunzel
- Rapunzel Enjoys Sightseeing At London’s Covent Garden (chipandco.com)
- Rapunzel Has Arrived in London For Her Royal Celebration at Kensington Palace on October 2nd; Rapunzel’s Hair Cascades Off the Salt Tower (chipandco.com)
Available in stores now, The Bridge to Never Land ($18.99; ISBN: 1-4231-3865-1) written by Pulitzer Prize-winning humor columnist Dave Barry and noted New York Times best-selling author Ridley Pearson. This imaginative novel hit stands Tuesday and is anticipated to be another hit by this dynamic duo. The contemporary follow-up to the Starcatchers series will take Sarah and Aidan on a quest that will challenge them to solve a series of puzzles, which will gradually convince them that Peter Pan is not fiction after all. They will discover what happened to the remainder of the starstuff cache that Wendy and Peter fought to protect many years ago. But that’s only the beginning. They’ll find that in the early twentieth century, Wendy and the other Starcatchers embarked on one last great mission—to find a way to protect Never Land island, with magical creatures and its precious starstuff supply, from the increasingly intrusive the outside world.
In addition to a multi-city tour, Dave and Ridley will be participating in the D23 Expo:
SPECIAL D23 EXPO 2011 APPEARANCE
Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) invites families and fans to experience the ultimate Disney fan event, D23 Expo, taking place at Anaheim Convention Center from August 19–21, 2011.
On Friday, August 19, in the Disney Channel booth, fans of all ages are invited to join Dave and Ridley, along with beloved Jake and the Never Land Pirates characters Jake, Captain Hook, and Mr. Smee, for a celebration of the power of imagination and the magic of Disney storytelling. This event also includes an appearance by actor David Arquette (the voice of Skully in the hit Disney Junior series Jake and the Never Land Pirates) and a special announcement from The Walt Disney Company Corporate Citizenship team.
DAVE AND RIDLEY’S SCHEDULE
• Ridley Pearson Presents Kingdom Keepers (August 19, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.) – In this presentation, Ridley will discuss the series and reveal his behind-the-scenes experiences at the Disney Parks while researching the New York Times best-selling books.
• Behind the Page with Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson (August 20, 9:15 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.) – These highly entertaining best-selling authors will discuss the blockbuster series Peter & The Starcatchers, with focus on the new book, The Bridge to Never Land.
- Disney Presents Best-Selling Authors, Exclusive Giveaways, And Interactive Surprises At D23 Expo (chipandco.com)
- The Bridge to Never Land by Award-Winning Authors Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson (chipandco.com)
Now on iTunes is the Cars 2 World Grand Prix Read and Race app.
For my 5 year old son, reading is a bore but this isn’t like any regular book. As you read along with the narrator (it can also be turned off for independent readers), you get to customize cars for your team to race with later. If you skip ahead, you may miss one of those “customization” spots during the story. He enjoyed picking colors, spoilers, wheels and going back to the story- then the big race at the end!
During the race we noticed it takes a very light turn to stay on the course- he got used to it as he tried. The user can pick which car to race out of their team and one of two tracks to race on- we liked driving through Radiator Springs.
He has been asking to play this over and over ever since we tried it out. We use computer games as rewards, and he will do what is asked if something like this is his reward. This one falls between educational and fun in our family! Something for me (I require an educational element) and something for them so it made everyone happy!
Even my 3 year old son enjoys following along and designing his cars. He hasn’t tried the race yet, but we’ll have to give him some help at first so he can get used to the turns.
This app is $6.99 on iTunes for iPhone and iPad.
- Cars 2 World Grand Prix Read and Race App! (chipandco.com)
- Disney/Pixar Kicks It Into High Gear with Cars 2 (chipandco.com)
Hot off the success of Disney/Pixar’s newest movie Cars 2 and Disney Publishing’s engine-revving Cars 2 Storybook Deluxe App, comes a brand new story based on the current mega-hit movie – introducing the Cars 2 World Grand Prix Read and Race App!
This high “speeeed” racing story, available for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch, is designed to maximize a user’s mobile experience with high-res art, interactive special effects, integrated customization, and racing game play.
Kids can follow Lightning McQueen and the world’s top international race cars as they motor through the streets of Tokyo, Japan, Porto Corsa, Italy, London, England and finally Radiator Springs! Each exciting event includes reader pit stops to customize a team of race cars, and the interactivity accelerates when readers race against Lightning McQueen, Francesco Bernoulli and other World Grand Prix superstars around the twists and turns of a Cars 2 racetrack.
Cars 2 World Grand Prix Read and Race App Features Include:
· Multiple Reading Modes—Read to Me, Auto-turn pages, Read on My Own
· Race Car Customization—Body, Color, Tires, Rims, Spoiler, Front Engine
· Racetrack/Play—Interactive courses set in Tokyo and Radiator Springs
· Multiple game levels—Easy, Medium, Hard (increased obstacles per level)
· AVAILABLE IN FUTURE UPDATE: Multiple Languages—French, Italian, German, Spanish and Swedish
- Disney/Pixar Kicks It Into High Gear with Cars 2 (chipandco.com)
- Disney Publishing Worldwide: Cars 2 Magazine and App! (chipandco.com)
Disney Publishing Worldwide has recently released their first book app for the Android platform, What’s a Bear To Do? is inspired by the new Winnie the Pooh movie. Full of wonderfully colorful and beautiful animated story pages, What’s a Bear To Do? offers young readers a chance to help Winnie the Pooh find his honey pots around the 100 Acre Wood.
I’ve been lucky enough to sample and review this new app, and enjoyed sharing it with my 1.5 year old son. Even though my son doesn’t know Winnie the Pooh very well, he was mesmerized by the colors and the perfectly simple story. As a puzzle book, there are a few puzzles and games that fit in with the story of the book. Although my son doesn’t always seem to fully grasp the puzzle shape concept, he showed interest and attempted to put the shapes together to make a picture. Another puzzle, based on color matching, is an excellent way to keep children entertained while learning at the same time. A wonderful app for android users with youngsters.
The “Winnie the Pooh: What’s a Bear to Do?” Puzzle Book App is available for $2.99 in Android MarketTM.
- Disney Publishing Worldwide Launches Winnie The Pooh App For Android Devices (chipandco.com)
- ‘Winnie the Pooh’ Pooh’s Note (preview clip) (chipandco.com)