Category Archives: Digital Books
From now until February 15th, there are some super cute Princess apps available at the iTunes store for only $1.99. I am so excited to share my review of three of these apps with you today.
Princess Sticker Dress Up is a “two for one” app. Here is what I LOVE about this app:
- You can use stickers to dress up your favorite princess. But the cool thing is, the dresses are interchangeable. So, if you want, Belle can wear a Cinderella dress, etc.
- There are tons of fun accessories to choose from-shoes, purses, tiaras, necklaces. You can really customize your princess to maker her your own.
- Each princess dress up also reads your little princess a story. So, you not only get to dress up your princesses, but your little one can have a story read to her as well.
- Save and email your creations to family members-super cute!
- My favorite thing about this app is that you can insert a picture of your little princess’s face and she can look like her favorites!
Cinderella Story Book is another one of Disney’s awesome storybook apps. I LOVE this one because:
- My daughter can read it herself or have it read to her.
- The graphics are charming and enchanting and look great on both the iPad and iPhone.
- There is a fun “sing along”-which is an added bonus when you have a princess who loves to sing with her favorite characters!
- Your child can get creative and paint three fun scenes from Cinderella and you can share these via email or save to your camera on your device.
Princess and the Frog Story Book app is a fun way to add some Tiana magic to your princess this Valentine’s Day. What do I LOVE about this one?
- As it is reading to your child, the words are highlighted so she can follow along.
- The pictures are animated, sort of like watching a movie, making it fun to watch while you read.
- Choose from several different scenes to paint and share with others.
- As an added bonus, there are two games-Facilier’s Fortune and Firefly Chase-to choose from.
- 5 different puzzles will keep your princess entertained as well.
I think that downloading these apps is a sweet way to show your little princess some love this Valentine’s day! And, with all the great options and features on each of these, $1.99 makes it easy to entertain your princess! My favorite thing about all three apps is that there is more to them than meets the eye-painting, puzzles, and more!
Carrie writes here on Chip and Co where she loves sharing her FAVORITE Disney planning tips and tricks. You can also find her on My Favorite Finds-with crafts, recipes, and more Disney advice!
- Valentine’s Sale on 5 Disney Princess Apps! (chipandco.com)
This year, Disney’s Peter Pan turns 60 years old. To celebrate, on Feb 5th, Disney released an all-new “Diamond Edition” DVD/Blu-ray; however, fans can also experience the classic tale on mobile devices with the Peter Pan: Disney Classics book app. The iOS story takes readers to Neverland like never before. With read along activities, games and more, readers will join Peter Pan, Tinker Bell and the whole gang on a magical adventure whenever, wherever, and however they choose.
The swashbuckling interactive story features:
- Reading modes for all ages: Read to Me or Read by Myself!
- Coloring pages, interactive puzzles and memory matching games throughout the story.
- Activities including a musical instrument activity!
- Beautiful illustrations, professional narration, and sound effects.
The Peter Pan: Disney Classics book app is available now for the iPhone and iPad on the App Store for $3.99.
Stay tuned for a full review of this interactive Book app right here on Chip & Co.!
- Peter Pan Diamond Edition Rebate Available From Concord Foods (couponingtodisney.com)
When we were asked to review the new Sofia the First App on the iTunes store, I couldn’t have been more excited! After all, since the movie aired on Disney, Jr., it plays almost every day in our house-and now we can take Sofia wherever we go! My little princess loves the new Sofia the First app I downloaded for my iPad-and yours will, too! Here is what I love about it:
- Two different ways to play-read a story OR make your own with the story theater.
- Sweet, charming graphics. When you choose to read the story, the layout of the pages and the whimsy of the illustrations are adorable!
- Your child chooses her own background, characters, and props for the Sofia’s Puppet Theater. I have to say, this was a bit difficult for my three year old to do without help, but she loved it nonetheless.
- The characters are easy to move around the screen and place on the “stage”.
- You simply push the “record” button, and then your show is saved to view again.
- Parents can set the story for auto play, or to allow your youngster to push an “arrow” to move to the next page.
Sofia the First comes alive in this super fun app for your little princess. We love Disney’s digital stories and games because they bring a little Disney magic into our home between trips. They’re also a “must have” for long car rides, waiting in line, and down time at our resort. I highly suggest you download this app today and bring Disney’s newest, sweetest princess Sofia into your home!
Carrie writes here on Chip and Co, where she loves sharing her reviews of Disney and trip planning tips. Visit her also on My Favorite Finds where she shares recipes, crafts, Disney travel tips, and more!
- Sofia the First Story Theater Coming to the iTunes Store (chipandco.com)
- Disney Store Launches New “Sofia the First” Product Line in Celebration of Series Premiere on Disney Channel and Disney Junior (chipandco.com)
To coincide with the 3D theatrical re-release of the 2003 Disney•Pixar hit Finding Nemo and inanticipation of its Blu-Ray DVD debut, Disney Publishing Worldwide has released two exciting NEW apps — Finding Nemo: Storybook Deluxe and Finding Nemo Interactive Comic.
I turned my six-year-old son, Adam, loose with the iPad and said, “See what you can do!” He had a blast with Finding Nemo: Storybook Deluxe, because all the activities appealed to him. The story is told in panels, and the animation looks almost like clips from the film. Kids can choose to read each page silently, have the narrator (Albert Brooks, voice of Marlin) read to them, or—and my son really liked this option—record their own voice and play it back. Adam is an early reader, so he played around with it a bit, but then decided he wanted Mom’s voice on there. I think that feature’s great. If parents are away for whatever reason, kids can still hear Mom or Dad read them a bedtime story, or they can practice their own read-aloud skills.
On the heels of the 3D re-release of Finding Nemo in theaters this past Friday and in anticipation of the upcoming Finding Nemo Blu-Ray DVD release, Disney Publishing Worldwide announced today *two* exciting NEW apps — Finding Nemo: Storybook Deluxe and Finding Nemo Interactive Comic.
Kids can join Marlin and his forgetful friend, Dory, as they encounter hungry sharks, groovy turtles and other sea creatures in their quest across the ocean in search of Marlin’s lost son, Nemo. Through engaging narration, authentic underwater sound effects, and original graphics from the Academy Award winning movie, families can explore the Great Barrier Reef, Sydney Harbor, and the world of reading together.