Category Archives: Club Penguin
Disney’s Club Penguin is waddling onto iPad with the new My Penguin App. You can now use this free app to sync with the #1 virtual world for kids.
Disney’s Club Penguin is the #1 virtual world for kids and is coming to iPad today with the new My Penguin app. The My Penguin app is available for free download. With this app, Club Penguin’s millions of players will be able to access some of their favorite games and activities from the virtual world and earn coins and items for their penguin while on the go. When connected to Wi-Fi, the My Penguin app will sync with the virtual world in real-time in order to allow players to transfer items and coins that they earn in the app and customize their penguin avatar. The My Penguin App will also allow players to easily access the popular Club Penguin Blog and video channels together in one place for the first time.
Do we have any Club Penguin fans? What about Marvel super hero fans? Well, penguins are now assembling as Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains in Disney’s Club Penguin for this year’s all-new Marvel Super Hero Takeover event. Disney’s Club Penguin is the number one virtual world for kids. Penguins are called to defend the city of Penguintropolis by bringing members dressed as Marvel Super Villains to justice before they take over. Members will first choose sides and then can suit up in over 25 Marvel costumes.
“Last year’s partnership event with Marvel was extremely popular, and at that time, became the most-trafficked event in our history,” said Chris Heatherly, Vice President and General Manager, Disney Interactive Worlds. “This year we’ve made the Marvel Super Hero Takeover Event even more epic for players with twice the amount of Marvel Super Hero and Super Villain costume options and deeper, more action-packed gameplay and storylines.”
As Hollywood’s biggest stars hit the red carpet, Club Penguin players are invited to star in the all-new Hollywood Party, which will transform the Island into the entertainment capital of the world. With three different movie sets, all players can start their claim to fame by becoming movie directors and members can work their way towards becoming film superstars. In typical Hollywood fashion, at the end of the event there will be a star-studded awards show where penguins can waddle the red carpet and members will have the chance to win highly coveted Club Penguin awards.
Club Penguin Hollywood Party activities will include:
- Directors and Superstars: Penguins can aim for fame by directing movies and taking snapshots of superstars to earn points and items as directors. Members can see their names in lights and perform their way to epic stardom by acting in musicals and sci-fi and action movies, earning exclusive rewards along the way.
- Hollywood Fashion: The new Hollywood party catalog has award-winning outfits like a diamond gown, a space astro suit and a rugged jacket.
- Penguin Celebrity Appearances: DJ Cadence will stop by the Island to choreograph the musical production numbers, while martial arts expert, Sensei, brings his talents to assist members in their action movie performances. Lucky penguins might also have the chance to work on film special effects with sci-fi fan, Gary the Gadget Guy and attend a meet & greet with Aunt Arctic.
- Movie Studio Igloos: Members can transform their igloos into blockbuster Hollywood studios with movie-inspired furniture and decorations.
- Glitzy Red Carpet Event: At this black tie affair, directors, photographers and fans will rub shoulders with Club Penguin’s hottest stars.
- Star-Studded Award Shows: With three award shows, directors and superstars can attend the hottest events of the season. Lucky members that obtain the elusive superstar status can win special Club Penguin statuettes.
Whether Tara is helping people make a memory with a trip to Disney (or anywhere else for that matter) or she is helping to write all the news and gossip to keep you in the know! She also has a brand new facebook page for even more tidbits on Disney and travel, so visit her at Magical Memories and the Mouse.
- Club Penguin Releases Album “The Party Starts Now” (chipandco.com)
- Tables in Wonderland:The Great Movie Ride Dinner at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (chipandco.com)
Club Penguin and Walt Disney Records have just released The Party Starts Now, the first-ever EP from the #1 virtual world for kids. Featuring six tracks, The Party Starts Now, includes all of Club Penguin’s hit singles from throughout the year, as well as a new song and a never-before-released bonus track. The EP is now available wherever music is sold, as well as through digital retail including iTunes, Google Play and Amazon.
When released in fall of 2012, “The Party Starts Now” single held the #1 spot on the iTunes Children’s music chart for multiple weeks in a row and the corresponding music video currently has over 2 million views on YouTube. The EP will also include other top Club Penguin songs like “Ghosts Just Wanna Dance” and “Anchors Aweigh,” as well as the new track, “Puffle Party (Gotta Have a Wingman).” And for the first time, players will be able to own a copy of the never-before-released bonus track and YouTube song sensation, “Dubstep Puffle.”
Club Penguin’s Halloween Party Gets Spookier with Disney Parks Inspired Haunted Mansion and new Halloween Single, “Ghosts Just Wanna Dance”
Ghosts and ghost hunters have taken over Disney’s Club Penguin, the #1 virtual world for kids, in its annual Halloween Party. With over 6 million penguins taking part in last year’s event, Club Penguin’s Halloween Party is the biggest Halloween event online for kids. The fun and fright continues in this year’s event, where players will need to solve the mystery of ghost-researcher Gariwald VIII’s disappearance and uncover the secrets behind his Walt Disney Parks and Resorts-inspired haunted mansion.
While solving the spooky mystery, members can turn into ghosts and haunt the Island, and all players will have the chance to become ghost hunters and catch rogue ghosts. Players can also listen to the latest Club Penguin single, “Ghosts Just Wanna Dance” and take part in two new spook-tacular scavenger hunts. The Halloween Party will begin on October 18 and run until November 1.
Some haunting highlights of the 2012 Club Penguin Halloween Party include:
- Spooky Island Transformation: The Island will be overrun with ghosts and it is up to players to protect it by becoming ghost hunters.
- Walt Disney Parks and Resorts-Inspired Haunted Mansion: This year’s party will feature a new haunted mansion, inspired by the Haunted Mansion attraction found at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. By exploring the 9-room mansion, fans will discover numerous nods to the infamous ride, like the maid and butler costumes worn by Haunted Mansion cast members.