Is My Car Safe at Disney World?
For the past 10+ years, I have driven either my own personal car or a rental car to the Walt Disney World resort and never even thought twice about the safety of my personal belongings. Something about crossing under the “Walt Disney World” sign that makes me feel like I’ve left reality and have entered a safe haven. Add the $14 parking fee, I generally feel that my car is in good hands when I leave it parked for the day. For details on free parking check out this article “Disney World Quick Tips – How to get free parking.”
In the parking lots, there are frequently parking attendants, directing traffic in our out of the parking lots and always dozens of people coming or going. However, there are a few precautions I would recommend to anyone traveling to the Walt Disney World Resort:
- Never leave luggage or personal belongings in plain view. If you can’t check in early and need to leave your stuff in your car, put it in the trunk!
- Make sure to lock your car doors. As silly as that may seem, many break ins are due to people actually leaving their cars unlocked. Don’t do it!
- Even though you’re at the Happiest Place on Earth, stuff can happen. I read a story of someone’s bag being stolen at a resort pool. Keep your valuables with you if at all possible!
Just being over cautious, though, I wouldn’t really worry about leaving my car on Disney property. In fact, I’ve never thought twice about it. Whether at the Ticket and Transportation parking lot or Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the parks are usually filled with people and are generally a safe place to leave your car. Enjoy!
- Which Disney World Guide Is Right For You? (chipandco.com)
- Don’t miss this Top Disney World Attraction! (chipandco.com)