Sad news to report today out of Walt Disney World Resort where according to the Orlando Sentinel a 13-year old boy, Anthony Johnson, has passed away from drowning. Last Sunday, the child was pulled out of the pool at Pop Century Resort at the Hippy Dippy pool around 9:30pm and was taken to an Orlando area hospital where he passed away today. He was swimming with his family when they lost sight of him and after a few minutes a cousin spotted him at the bottom of the pool.
The boy’s father performed CPR on the child until paramedics arrived and took over. The family was visiting Disney on vacation from Fordland, MO.
Lifeguards were at the pool from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., and signs are posted that guests swim at their own risk after hours, Disney spokeswoman Marilyn Waters said.
“We are saddened by Anthony Johnson’s passing and our hearts go out to his family, friends and loved ones. We have reached out to his family to offer care and assistance during this difficult time,” the company said in a statement.
- Walt Disney World Resort Refurbishments Update for March 2013 (chipandco.com)
- Boy Pulled From Disney Resort Pool Dies (fox8.com)
Let my friends at World of Magic Travel help you plan your next Magical Disney Vacation. Their services are 100% free with no cost to you. Who wouldn't want someone to do all the tedious trip planning and reservations for them? Just use the box in the top right of the page (or click here), and one of our Travel Magicians will be in touch with shortly. Remember everyone deserves a little magic when booking their vacation, and World of Magic Travel is here to help.
Latest posts by Chip and Co Guest Blogger (see all)
- The Mystery of the “Teddy Bear Lady” at the Grand Floridian Resort - December 30, 2014
- Saving Money on Your Disney Vacation…Using Gift Cards! - September 13, 2014
- 5 Easy Tips to Help You Start Planning a Magical Walt Disney World Vacation - September 12, 2014