Here is a video clip of Walt Disney CEO, Bob Iger discussing the latest financial results discussed in a recent shareholder conference call. In it he discusses the operating income at ESPN in a decline offset by higher affiliate revenue.
“In ESPN’s case, we had the largest program cost increase for the year in the quarter that we just announced,” Iger said. “We have new distribution deals coming online, but the revenue from those deals won’t hit until the second quarter… ESPN is running in the quarter around 7 percent above where they were last year and we feel much better about the advertising market now than we did during the quarter that was just announced.” – Bob Iger
He also discussed activity at the Disney Parks as well as the Disney Cruise Line. Lastly he discussed the future of the Star Wars franchise discussing J.J. Abrams directing the Episode VII as well as the much anticipated standalone Star Wars films.
- Disney to Exapand Star Wars Mythos with Standalone Films (chipandco.com)
- Walt Disney Company CEO Bob Iger Confirms Development of Standalone Star Wars Films (jedimouseketeer.com)
Let my friends at World of Magic Travel help you plan your next Magical Disney Vacation. Their services are 100% free with no cost to you. Who wouldn't want someone to do all the tedious trip planning and reservations for them? Just use the box in the top right of the page (or click here), and one of our Travel Magicians will be in touch with shortly. Remember everyone deserves a little magic when booking their vacation, and World of Magic Travel is here to help.
Latest posts by Aljon (see all)
- NYCC 2013: Star Wars panels, events and sneak peek at “Rebels” - October 5, 2013
- Angry Birds Star Wars II launches September 19 - September 14, 2013
- D23 Expo 2013 – Sorcerer Radio and Chip and Company All-Star Disney Fan Meets - August 9, 2013