My family and I began our regular visits to Walt Disney World in June, 2000. At that time, our children were 6, 9 and 14. We know our way around the Walt Disney World resort just like we know our way around our hometown. I have no problem letting my kids go to the parks without us as they know exactly how to get from park to park, park back to resort, park to any dining reservations we have, etc. So, for several years we have had some flexibility if everyone did not want to do the exact same thing at the exact same time. What is funny is that no matter how many times we have visited, nor how familiar we are with the area, we have been fooled numerous times by the hidden poles on Main Street USA.
Have you seen them?
You are happily walking along the sidewalk talking to everyone about how much fun you are having, or how great your Dole Whip was, or how much you are looking forward to hitting the pool once you get back to your resort, and then BAM! one of those hidden poles comes right out of the ground.
Being discreet like I am, I won’t mention any names but out of my family of five, 3 of us have been abruptly reminded of these hidden poles a time or two.
How do you find them?
There are several ways in which to find these poles:
- Make sure you are having such a great time that you are oblivious to your surroundings.
- Always keep eye contact with people when you are talking.
- Texting someone while walking is a great way in which to find them.
- And, don’t worry, you can find them at Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom parks too!
What can you do about them?
You have several choices here; and your reaction will be largely based on your own personality. You might:
- Turn red and die of embarrassment.
- Laugh with everyone else.
- Get really angry at your family when they are laughing so hard tears are rolling down their faces and they are holding their sides.
- Wait for sweet revenge when the next hidden pole will welcome one of them to the “world.”
However you decide to handle it is up to you. But be sure to remember that you might meet up with one of those hidden poles again, and karma is sometimes a booger!
- Snacking Around the World (chipandco.com)
- Review: Walt Disney World Secrets Gold! 1.5 (chipandco.com)
Latest posts by Brenda (see all)
- Disney Rewards Visa Character Meet ‘N’ Greet - May 21, 2014
- Do you tip Mousekeeping while you are at Walt Disney World? - October 30, 2012
- A Birthday Tribute to Our Friend, Ken! - September 12, 2012