The wait is almost over. The Magic Kingdom’s Fantasyland Expansion is due to officially open December 6th! (You’re smiling right now, aren’t you? )
For the past couple weeks the new Fantasyland has been undergoing soft openings, which is like a dress rehearsal before the official opening; and from the photos we’ve seen and the news we’ve heard, it looks even better than I had imagined!
So naturally I’m busy planning my next trip to WDW so I can see and experience the Fantasyland Expansion for myself; and here are the top 5 things about this new magical addition that I’m looking forward to the most!
5. View of the New Castles at Night-With the opening of the Fantasyland Expansion, two new castles will be added to the Magic Kingdom skyline: the Beast’s enchanted castle from Beauty and the Beast and Prince Eric’s castle from the Little Mermaid! Just like Cinderella Castle, these two castles will be illuminated at night! Just think, the Magic Kingdom was magical before; but now we’re talking a whole new level! I say bring it on.
4. Seeing the Lumiere Audio-Animatronic-One of the new attractions at the Fantasyland Expansion is Storytime with Belle. Guests start out walking through Belle and Maurice’s cottage before entering the Beast’s castle via magic mirror. Literally. Anyway, once you pass through the mirror, and after you meet the bureau from Belle’s room in the castle, you enter the library where you find an incredibly realistic audio-animatronic of Lumiere! Seriously, this Lumiere moves and sways as if he popped out of the film before your eyes; and I’m so excited about seeing him in person.
It’s that time of year again! Fall! The air is crisp, the leaves are turning, and it’s time for visits to the pumpkin patch, hot apple cider, bonfires, and hayrides. If you happen to be visiting Walt Disney World during this time of year, we have some yummy suggestions for how to keep the fall spirit alive, even if you are in Central Florida. But beware! You may be drooling before you reach the end of this article!
5. S’mores Cupcake-Disney has become quite creative with their cupcake creations over the past few years; and I have heard that you can sample different variations of this sweet snack at several locations, such as Wilderness Lodge, the Grand Floridian, and even the Boardwalk Bakery. Regardless of which variation of the S’mores cupcake you sample, you will get a taste of those classic S’mores ingredients that you find around a bonfire this time of year.
While a vacation should be relaxing, it can also be stressful! Disney World is meant to take you back to the days of carefree childhood where magic and adventure is real and possible; but when trying to make flights, keep schedules, count cash, and haul strollers, a vacation can be anything but relaxing.
So today I have some suggestions for how you can have a carefree Disney vacation. Enjoy!
5. Take Breaks-While some guests many not have the time and flexibility to take a break during their days at the park, we highly suggest that those who can definitely should! The Florida heat can be intense, especially after walking most of the day. Being hot and tired, especially with kids in tow, is a recipe for disaster; so don’t set yourself up for stress, take a break during the heat of the day!
4. Get Up Early-Many Disney guests argue that since they’re on vacation, they should sleep in and relax; but what they fail to realize is that waking late and hitting the parks several hours after opening is anything but relaxing, especially during peak season. So hit the parks early and take a nap later for a more carefree Disney experience.
Summer is coming to an end, kids are heading back to school, and that means it’s time to return to routine; but even though those long, lazy summer days are drawing to a close, that doesn’t mean you can’t go on vacation, especially if it’s a Disney Vacation!
Among Disney regulars, September is one of the best times of year to visit WDW; and here are five reasons why!
5. Art of Animation’s Little Mermaid Wing Opens-On September 15, Disney’s newest resort, the Art of Animation, opens its final wing themed after the Disney classic, The Little Mermaid! At this wing of the resort, you get the chance to step inside the world presented in the film which only continues when you step into your resort room!
The Tigger Movie Bounce-A-Riffic Special Edition focuses on the loveable Tigger as he comes to realize that “being the only one” isn’t so great and embarks on a search to discover his “family tree.” This special edition includes the film version on both Blu-ray and DVD, in addition to some special features.
The Tigger Movie features all of the characters we know from the Hundred Acre Wood; but there seemed to be something lacking. Perhaps I am partial to the original Winnie the Pooh shorts released back in the sixties, or even the series from the 90s, but the animation seemed a little too clean and the film resorted to extra gags from the characters instead of earning chuckles from the characters’ naivety.
I will say that The Tigger Movie certainly didn’t lack in emotion. While it’s zany and sweet as any children’s movie should be, Tigger’s struggle to find his family and realizing that he had them the whole time really pulls at the heartstrings!
Plugin by Social Author Bio