I’ll say this once again, the World Showcase is magnificent in its scope and splendor even if you just look at the buildings. There are also a lot of entertainment opportunities that I, like a lot of other folks, call attractions which are family friendly. These are as follows:
- Mexico – The Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros (formerly El Rio del Tiempo – The river of time) A charming little adventure starring Donald, Jose Carioca, and Panchito Pistoles.
- Norway – Maelstrom. An imaginative trip through Norway of the past and present. There is a short film at the end of the ride. You can bypass this show if you have smaller children with you.
- China – Reflections of China. One of those spectacular Circlevision 360 films that captures the scope and grandeur of China. If the last time you saw this was prior to 2003, give it another try, it’s much improved.
- The American Adventure – The American Adventure Show. If you feel like puffing out your chest and being a proud American then this stage show is for you. It’s lots of fun!!!
- France – Impressions de France. This is as good as a film promoting a country gets. The photography is amazing and the soundtrack is perfect.
- Canada – O Canada! Another Circlevision beauty that has been updated from the old film. It’s well worth another view if you haven’t seen it recently.
Another huge opportunity for young and old alike in the World Showcase are the unlimited shopping opportunities:
Every pavilion has multiple shopping opportunities so rather than trying to enumerate them I’ll just tell you that somewhere in the World Showcase each and every one of you will be able to find something you just can’t live without. You’ll have to trust me on this one but bring your wallet. I know a lot of us Oldies are sometimes hesitant to go into shops because we don’t want to deal with pushy sales people. You will not find that in these shops, there are plenty of folks available to answer your questions but they will not jump on you the minute you walk in the door.
One area of the World Showcase lots of folks tend to miss, old and young alike once again, are the little things that the Imagineers have spent hours and hours and even weeks and months putting into place. I just wanted to add a couple of pictures of some of my favorites to give you and idea of what you will find when you take the time to look. The first is one you will see if you look off to the right as you cross the International Gateway Bridge as you head towards the France pavilion:
Once you get across the bridge and approach the France pavilion you will see this if you look over to the right:
That’s just one pavilion my friends and there are more things like this at each and every one of them. One of the ways to find these things is to not rush through World Showcase. Take your time, look around, and appreciate what you see. I hope, my fellow seniors, that I have been able to give you something to look forward to at the World Showcase on your next visit and trust that you will enjoy what you find. As always, enjoy your visit to Walt Disney World!!
- The Street Entertainment of Epcot’s World Showcase (chipandco.com)
- Top 5 Favorite World Showcase Pavilions (chipandco.com)
Let my friends at World of Magic Travel help you plan your next Magical Disney Vacation. Their services are 100% free with no cost to you. Who wouldn't want someone to do all the tedious trip planning and reservations for them? Just use the box in the top right of the page (or click here), and one of our Travel Magicians will be in touch with shortly. Remember everyone deserves a little magic when booking their vacation, and World of Magic Travel is here to help.
Latest posts by Chip Confer (see all)
- Disney Finds – Disney Cruise Line Alex and Ani Bracelet - January 29, 2015
- Funko Launches Marvel Collector Corps, the Official Marvel Collectibles Subscription Service - January 29, 2015
- Disneyland celebrates Its Diamond Celebration, Beginning May 22nd 2015 - January 29, 2015