If you’re a foodie like me, you often remember your vacations by what you ate! How great would it be to be able to bring some of those flavors home to relive the memories in taste form? Here are a couple of amazing recipes from the incredible Adventures by Disney chefs, sure to delight your palette and inspire some fun time in the kitchen! Bon appetit!
French Onion Soup
Adventures by Disney
FRENCH BREAD CROUTONS
3 cups cubed French bread
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon salt
FRENCH ONION SOUP
1 pound brown onions, finely sliced then quartered
1 garlic clove, minced
4 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram
1/8 cup cognac
2 cups beef stock
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup full-bodied red wine
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup grated gruyere cheese for garnish
FOR FRENCH BREAD CROUTONS:
- Preheat oven to 375˚.
- Toss cubed French bread, melted butter and salt in medium bowl until combined.
- Spread bread mixture on a baking sheet and bake for 5-6 minutes.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes. Remove tray and carefully stir croutons. Bake an additional 5-6 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
FOR FRENCH ONION SOUP:
- Sauté onions, garlic and butter in a large stock pot over medium high heat until onions are golden brown, 10-12 minutes.
- Add thyme, marjoram, cognac, white wine, beef and chicken stock; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes until onion flavor is well developed.
- Add red wine, salt and pepper heat to desired service temperature.
- For service, top with French bread croutons and sprinkle with grated gruyere cheese.
Adventures by Disney
1/2 cup corn oil
2 onions, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 pounds boneless chuck roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups hot water
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
2 tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
3 bay leaves
1/2 pound egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
Salted butter, to taste
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a 4-quart Dutch oven over medium heat for 5 minutes, until hot. Add sliced onions and sauté for 8 minutes, until soft. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Season chuck roast with salt and add to onions and garlic. Cook for 4 minutes on each side, until beef is brown.
- Add water, undrained tomatoes, bell pepper, potatoes, paprika, caraway seeds, and bay leaves to the Dutch oven and bring to a simmer. Cover and continue simmering for 1 hour, until meat is tender.
- Serve over warm buttered egg noodles with fresh chopped parsley.
*Recipes and Photos by Disney*
Contact our friends at MickeyTravels today to start planning your magical Disney vacation. Agents with MickeyTravels (designated with Platinum Earmarked status by Disney) can help with everything from finding money-saving discounts to making difficult dining and FastPass+ reservations!
Just fill out the form below or Click Here for your FREE No Obligation Quote.
If you are having trouble viewing the form above, click here.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Please note we sometimes get commissions for purchases made through links in our posts.
While they spend their free time creating magic as CMs, the opinions expressed are purely their own, and do not represent the views of the Walt Disney Company.
Latest posts by Twinkie & Tooti Miller (see all)
- Gluten Free Options at Maria and Enzo’s in Disney Springs – Allergy-Friendly Dining! - February 14, 2018
- Happy Valentine’s Day Photo-Op at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! - February 13, 2018
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple – Star Wars Day at Sea – Disney Cruise Line - February 7, 2018