Take advantage of the Disney Dining Plan with these helpful tips
Many people who travel to Walt Disney World take advantage of the Disney Dining Plan (DDP). Disney dining plans are options available exclusively to Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels with Magic Your Way Vacation Packages. You can choose from quick service dining plan, dining plan, deluxe dining plan, premium package and platinum package. Once you decide which dining plan is best for your party, here are a few other things to consider:
- Kids under age three eat for free at buffets or off of a parent’s plate.
- When making reservations, give the exact number of your party even if some are under age 3 and will eat for free or if they are infants and won’t eat at all. Disney needs to count all people, not just eaters, in the restaurant for fire code capacity.
- Tip is not included in Disney Dining Plan, so bring extra cash for a tip. We like using Disney Gift Cards for our tips. A little bit easier than carrying cash.
- Alcohol purchases are not included in the plan, so if you want to drink, bring extra money or a credit card for these purchases.
- Consider making reservations at a restaurant that will give you special seating for Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios or Candlelight Processional (Christmas time) at Epcot.
- Consider making early breakfast reservations prior to the park opening. This will give your family a great opportunity to have your picture made with the park icons (Cinderella Castle, Tree of Life, Spaceship Earth or Sorcerer’s Hat) without as many other people in the background! You can also get great shots of other attractions and scenery without people clutter.
- Plan for dinner at the Fort Wilderness instead of lunch. Then you can stay after for the Sing A Long with Chip ‘N Dale and outdoor movie!
- Use Your Snack Credits. Most people forget to use them throughout the week. Chip listed out a ton of snack items you must try on his 100 Disney Foods to eat before you die challenge.
- Remember you can always call or go online and change your Advanced Dining Reservations. Most times even a few hours before you eat!
- With all the great food you’re gonna eat be sure to leave room for dessert!
Well there you have it, some great tips to go along with your Disney Dining Plan. The biggest one I think is the tipping. Most new people don’t realize they will need money for tips till that first receipt comes in, so plan to have some money onhand for those hard-working Disney Cast Members!