As we previously reported, “The Great Irish Hooley” will be returning to Raglan Road at Disney Springs this Labor Day Weekend for its 6th year! This unique event is the perfect way to celebrate Irish song, dance, food, and drink.
This year, Central Florida’s only boutique Irish festival features the most diverse lineup in its history, and promises an authentic music festival for families and merrymakers alike. With no cover charge, the “Hooley” combines delicious food and drink with entertainment and fun! The celebration even features Celtic-inspired face-painting Saturday through Monday.
The “Great Irish Hooley” promises for a “rollicking” good time, and headliners for this year’s festivities include:
- Elevation — Back by popular demand and appearing at Raglan Road for the first time in four years, this stellar U2 tribute act will play two special nighttime shows on September 2 and 3, paying homage to the U2 world tour celebrating 30 years of the ground-breaking “The Joshua Tree” album.
- Lisa Canny Band – The outrageously talented Lisa Canny and her band combine traditional Irish, R&B and Hip Hop. She will appear at Raglan Road for three weeks beginning August 30, and will perform nightly during the Hooley.
- Gary O’Meara Band – O’Meara is a traditional Irish banjo player with a prolific career as a solo artist and as a member of multiple legendary Irish music acts.
Of course, the Raglan Road Irish Dancers will be on-hand to show off and perform their iconic Irish dance moves throughout the “Great Irish Hooley”, as will campion Irish dancer and Raglan Road’s show choreographer, Ciaran Keating. During the weekend, Ciaran will host an event tracing the origins of Irish dance from the earliest jigs and reels, through contemporary times.
Additional music acts scheduled for the weekend festivities include:
- The Raglan Roots Coalition – Raglan felt it was time to shake its boogie – Roots style, with this authentic Irish house band. Think soul-rocking Celtic bluegrass with some hip-swingin’, knee-shakin’ funky roots beats.
- Jake Richardson – Jake is a singer-songwriter-musician from Dublin whose passion for music inspires audiences as he entertains with unique vocals and catchy songs.
- Over the Bar – This vibrant four-piece, predominantly Irish traditional group showcases their high-energy talent during live shows that also include folk, blues and soul.
- Rollickin’ Rua – This fresh traditional Irish music ensemble from Ireland and Scotland create a cacophonous crescendo of music and song with their clash of Celtic cultures.
- Aaron O’Sullivan – A singer-songwriter and guitarist from County Cork, O’Sullivan entertains with a mixture of traditional Irish ballads and modern Irish songs.
The celebration kicks off at 3:00pm on Friday, September 1st and continues throughout the long weekend, into the wee hours of Monday, September 4th.
While there, make sure to stop by for a pint of Guinness at the restaurant’s 130-year-old bar, imported straight from Ireland, or grab a table for a fix of authentic contemporary Irish cuisine.
Let’s start make your Advanced Dining Reservation for Raglan Road and start planning your visit to Disney World! There still are some great deals available for travel this fall! CLICK HERE or send an email for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best available rate offered by Disney and my services are 100% FREE!
As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I work with all Disney Destinations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.954.401.9577, via email at MickeyTravelsHolly@gmail.com, or follow along on Facebook.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Please note we sometimes get commissions for purchases made through links in our posts.
Latest posts by Holly R (see all)
- Immerse Yourself in Culture, Beauty, and Magic of Europe on a Disney Cruise - January 20, 2018
- Launch Over to Magic Kingdom’s Lunching Pad for a Spicy Pepper Pretzel - January 20, 2018
- Rock the Dots with this Minnie Mouse Mousse Cake at Amorette’s in Disney Springs - January 20, 2018