What is a Garden Grocer and why are we so in love with it? Garden Grocer is a local supermarket outside the Disney World properties in Orlando. There are many grocery stores in the area that will make your deliveries but Garden Grocer does the best job by far!
5 Reasons why we love Garden Grocer:
- Online ordering. It’s so much easier to peruse the selections online than try to explain something over the phone. Their system is very user-friendly and their selection complete. Coming from “up North” some of the brands were unfamiliar, but they had everything I was looking for.
- Delivery. Right to your Disney Resort or place off property. With a delivery to our Disney Resort we didn’t even need to be in our room. Your groceries are left with luggage/bell services and the cold items in refrigerated storage. At most of the moderate or deluxe grade resorts you may have the groceries then delivered by bell services upon your return. Otherwise you can pick them up at the luggage rooms. Check with your resort ahead of time if you think there may be an issue.
- Selection. Garden Grocer has a huge selection of products. They have baby items, snacks and even alcoholic beverages. The online ordering section is divided into “aisles” just like your grocery store at home. My favorite section…”Park Essentials”.
- Savings. Buying these same items are a fortune at Disney’s gift shops. If all you want is a half-gallon of milk you can go into any Disney gift shop and get one. We even found we were able to use snack credits for boxes of crackers and cookies. However, if you are looking to save on snacks to bring to the park or have breakfast items on hand you will not save any money by going to the food courts.
- Time. We don’t rent a car while at Disney. If we did, the LAST thing we would want to do is running to the grocery store. We would rather be relaxing by our resort pool or enjoying the parks. You are on vacation, for a small delivery fee and a little planning ahead you really can enjoy it!
- Order at least 72 hours in advance, longer if possible. There is a 36 hour minimum. You will select a 2 hour delivery window and the earlier you order, the better your selection will be. You will receive a courtesy call once your order is placed.
- Delivery Fee is $12 and minimum order is $40. Deliveries over $200 are only $2.
- You have to use a credit card to have your groceries left at the resort. COD orders require your attendance. The store will call to confirm with you before delivery.
- Tipping is optional according to their website. We always leave a tip for the driver.
- If you cancel your order before the 48 hour mark there is no fee. Inside 48 hours there is a restocking fee. It gets gradually higher the later you cancel.
- Delivery times are between 8am and 9pm, 7 days a week. You select a 2 hour window but keep in mind they may deliver a little earlier.
- Refrigerated items will be kept cold at a Disney resort. If not staying at a Disney resort, please check with your hotel/condo for their policies on delivery.
- Visit Gardengrocer.com for additional and current information.
- Don’t go nuts with the refrigerated and frozen items. There just simply isn’t the space to keep them cold. Value and Moderate resorts have tiny, dormitory style refrigerators. For Milk or Juices do not order larger than a half-gallon.
- Do go nuts with snack items. Order things your child wouldn’t normally have at home. This makes the snack special and can hold them until you are ready to splurge on the Mickey Ears Ice Cream Bar. Get those Disney gummy fruit snacks and Cars shaped pretzel bags. Put a few in your backpack every day for happy children (which equals happy parents).
- Do order bottles of water by the case. Put a few in the fridge each night. No need to waste snack credits or cash on bottled water at the parks. Same goes for sodas or juices for the end of the day.
- Do order baby supplies. This has been a packing lifesaver for us. We’ve ordered formula, diapers, wipes, gallons of water, etc for our little one when we travelled. Don’t forget to pack enough until you get that delivery though!
- Do order breakfast items. Depending on your dining plan you may want to have some breakfast items available. Makes for savings and a quick exit from the resort in the morning. Bagels, Nutri-grain Bars, and Cold Cereal make great choices. Don’t forget the cream cheese!
Are you a Disney Addict? Stand up and be counted! Join our Facebook Group - You Might Be a Disney Addict or #ymbada for short. Share your love of Disney with other like minded individuals. If you have questions be sure to stop by our Disney Addict Website. Here you can ask Disney World, Disneyland or any other travel related question. There is no question too big or too small!