Tangled: The Series premieres at 4 pm September 11th, 2017, in celebration of the premiere Disney Channel has put together a top ten list of activities inspired by Rapunzel’s adventures. Disney Channel researched and formed a panel of parenting writers and bloggers who created a comprehensive list of activities that best teach children key life skills.
The list was then voted on by 1,000 British parents, here are the top ten activities that can prepare your child for the future:
- Caring for pets – Caring for animals teaches children empathy and responsibility.
- Budgeting their own money for store purchases – Having children budget with their own pocket money teaches them the value money.
- Growing fruits & vegetables – Growing your own fruit and vegetables opens the discussion of nutrition, with your child, as well as teaching them where food comes from.
- Making extra spending money by doing small jobs for neighbors – Allowing your children to make money by preforming jobs for neighbors teaches them about the rewards of hard work.
- Spending the night at a friend’s house – Spending a night away from their parents is a great way to teach children independence.
- Fundraising for a charity – Fundraising for charitable causes teaches your children empathy and generosity.
- Writing/preforming a play, song, or skit – Writing or preforming in plays, songs, and skits promotes creativity and builds confidence in your child.
- Build a den or shelter – Learning to work with the materials you have on hand promotes ingenuity.
- Selling homemade items to the community – Entrepreneurism is learned by selling homemade items such as lemonade and cookies, to other members of you community.
- Using a map to navigate a treasure hunt – Children can learn basic navigation skills by participating in treasure hunts with maps.
One of the great things about this list is that all of the adventures can be done with little parental guidance, allowing children to grow their skills on their own. They are also low in cost and most can be done in the comfort of your own home. Have your children ever participated in any of these adventures that promote life skills?
Ready to start planning your 2018 Disney vacation? Fill out our form below to receive your FREE quote from one of our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners.
As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner with MickeyTravels, LLC, I can save you money and time planning your MAGICAL vacation! My planning services are always 100% FREE! Contact me today for your FREE, no obligation quote,email@example.com or follow me on Facebook for the latest Disney updates, deals, and travel tips!
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Please note we sometimes get commissions for purchases made through links in our posts.
Latest posts by Shannon (see all)
- Adorable Holiday Candle Themed Petit Cakes at Amorette’s Patisserie - November 27, 2017
- Enjoy the Music of Coco with Epcot’s new Mariachi Band - November 27, 2017
- Mickey Mouse Candy Cane Beignets Available at Disneyland - November 26, 2017